Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Enough already!

I must be tired. Even I said to Graeme last night that I need to slow down. You gotta know how bad things get for me to admit that it's too much.

But I don't want to complain. I feel like I've been doing a lot of that lately. I'm determined to be positive. So... the positive things happening in my life right now are:

Gd 10 field trip tomorrow - sun, sea... oh yes, and 134 15-yr olds. Hmm... I know what you're thinking, but this really is a positive thing. Firstly, although it took me a lot of schlep I got all but one of the reply slips in today. (We've got this great system in place so that parents can sms their permission in, rather than have to fill in forms.... except it broke down and hasn't worked properly for the last month or so.) That was a major achievement and I'm very proud of myself. Secondly, I love this field trip (even though it's exhausting beyond words) because the kids actually enjoy themselves on it. There are lots of light bulb moments. Most of these kids will never have played in a rock pool before, let alone realised the incredible diversity of life right there under their shoes. And of course, someone always get completely drenched by the waves or falls in a rock pool - which the others love.

Science Fair has ended and was a huge success. I've basically finished up all the remaining admin for it - got one last task to sort out next week, and then it's just filing the stuff ready for next year. I'm really pleased by how well it went, considering this was the first time I've run one in SA.

Nellie is being such a joy at the moment - we're still in a 'Mommy is flavour of the month' stage, but although her clingyness is exhausting, I'm revelling in the love and attention!

Baby boy suddenly seems to have realised that to keep Mommy from panicking he needs to kick vigorously, and is doing so. OK, so it's right into my bladder and is incredibly uncomfortable, but it's another thing I'm relishing because at least I have no concerns that he's healthy and alive. (Only 12 weeks to go tomorrow!!)

We have an incredible family - just had dinner with American family out here for a visit. Great family party on Sat night, another family party coming up this weekend, grandparents are taking Nellie for Friday night so we can rest a bit (although not much as I have a school function on Sat starting at 9.30am) & get a night off. What a blessing they are!

And I have an incredible husband who buys me chocolate treats and makes me profuse numbers of cups of tea... not to mention the way he is taking up the slack with Nellie while I'm so incredibly busy.

So, while I'm swamped with work, can't quite see the silver lining, don't quite know how I'm going to physically do all the things that have to happen by next Thursday, and am ready to call quits on work in general, there is actually a lot to be really grateful for, and that's what I'm going to focus on. Enough complaining already!

That said, let me head off now to start my marking for today (at 9.20pm), because otherwise I will get even further behind and become even more stressed.

No comments: