Monday, March 23, 2009

Scan baby 2

At long last I'm getting around to loading the video footage we got from our last scan onto the computer. I was really hoping to be able to upload some clips here on the blog.

However, I've run into a massive hitch: the video format is IFO, and Windows Movie Maker doesn't support IFO. I then downloaded a freebie DVD ripper, which coverted a portion of the video to mpeg. Great!, I thought, until I tried to then load the mpeg into WMM, only to have it still come up with an error message to say that there were too many something or other points to make it possible to import the video. Blast!

So tomorrow I'm going to check with a mate of mine who has a DVD ripper, to see whether I can either pop over to use his, or whether he will loan me his software so I can do it at home.

I'm gutted though! I was really looking forward to sharing the video with you all tonight. He's so cute: he was hiccoughing during the video. While I hope you all get to see it, I'm afraid you will have to wait a while longer.

No comments: