Friday, April 06, 2007

Like, DUH!

On my way home tonight from dropping my mom off, it struck me that sometimes I can be really dense! Like, DUH! dense....

This Good Friday there's another person I have a connection with... Jesus' mother! Having lost Zoe, whom I hardly knew, I can barely begin to imagine what Mary would have gone through - raising her firstborn, seeing him mature and grow into a man, spending 30 plus years loving him, and then have to watch him being tortured and killed... believing he was DEAD for 3 days.... I can't even begin to imagine her personal hell that first Good Friday!!

Somehow, that puts my suffering into some sort of perspective.

1 comment:

seethroughfaith said...

Yes. As Chritians we have the hindsight - we know the Good News - Mary didn't and we cannot imagine how it was for her seeing her baby crucified ... unjustly and with so much unneccesary violence.

it puts your suffering into perspective yes, but your suffering is real too - and there aren't really degrees. The school of hard knocks has hit you hard, and while your faith will carry you - it's a dark and hard time right now. We all wish itwas something quite different - this wasn't fair, just, nice or in any way good.

The disciples had it hard too. They were shell shocked and felt so alone. They lost hope. But it was restored - and God will restore you and heal you and mend you. That doesn't mean forgetting Zoe or 'getting over it' - she's part of your family, part of your life - which is why I loved your ideas of what to do with her ashes (morbid though that sounds) - her memory is eternal - and by faith so are we.

There is no darkness, no suffering, no tears or pain in heaven. And that is our destination - but in HIS timing, not ours. That's hard :(

bless you nicole. We've never met but you are never far from my thoughts - especially now.