Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Here we go again

Today I was supposed to be meeting up with my 2nd time NCT mums group (see post on 23 March 07), but last night I got a text from the hostess to say that as 3 of the women had given birth in the previous 24 hrs she thought it best we reschedule.

Unfortunately, the text came through at around midnight (although it was sent earlier) when I was fast asleep. As a result, my defences were WAY down so the news that these lovely ladies had given birth hit me hard. I am thrilled for these lovely ladies, as most of them had really difficult first births, but I'm devastated again. Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well for the rest of the night and am shattered today.

Will I fall apart every time I hear of a healthy baby being born? My brother and his wife are expecting, and I just couldn't bear it if I were to fall apart when they give birth in a few months' time.

I also went to collect Zoe's ashes from the crem this morning. No words to explain how awful that was, made more so because of the emotional state I was already in.

No comments: