Monday, June 15, 2009

Walking along the Cable Car road

This morning we took advantage of the beautiful weather and went for a walk along the Cable Car road (I can't for the life of me remember its name at the moment.) This was the Mountain before the clouds rolled in - you can just see them coming in on the right.

Now you see it, now you don't - Lion's Head and Signal Hill disappear in the clouds.

I love this photo, although it doesn't look as amazing as it did in person (what I wouldn't give for a proper camera, but then, I probably wouldn't take it with me all the time...). What I particularly love is the way the sun is shining off the ocean, just beyond the harbour, through gaps in the clouds. It looks like a negative of a photo of whales under the water... or at least, it does to me.

What a great way to spend the morning! Nellie was in her element bossing us around (see the photo of her on her blog). The dogs were in their element getting to run around unhindered. I was in my element being able to walk without pain for the first time in MONTHS. Graeme was in his element having both Nellie and I in a good mood at the same time (poor chap!), and for all of us to be able to spend quality time together. Let's hope there are more days like this in the near future.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: