Friday, June 05, 2009

The botched cake


Doesn't look too bad, does it? Doesn't taste too bad either. And that's not just my opinion (I had one slice, to check). No, my naughty dog (Baggins) decided it smelt so good he would find a way to climb up and start licking the icing off.... hmm... maybe I shouldn't tell Graeme that, since he has to eat it. Hee hee! (Never mind, my love, I cut off that part and fed it to Alyssa, so you're safe.)

Attempt #2 also botched, but I haven't iced it yet. It looks a lot like attempt #1 though, so I'm sure it will taste fine. Attempt #3, however, was a complete disaster. The good news is that Baggins now gets to eat it, which is what he wanted to do in the first place.

After all these attempts, I've narrowed the problem down to one of two things - either it's the eggs, or it's the oven thermometer. I'm hoping it's the eggs, cos it's a new oven, so if the thermometer is broken, I'm going to put someone's head on the block. Or maybe I should just shove attempt #3 in that person's face - yes, I like that option. Nothing like a bit of raw cake in the face to drive home the point that the thermometer isn't working.

OK, so here goes attempt #4. Watch this space!

1 comment:

6000 said...

Try baking a UI-19 form inbetween the layers of the cake.

Tastes dreadful, but will make you feel so much happier.