Sunday, June 03, 2007

Lovely Laitjies website

I've been working on building the website for my business. I've basically got it sorted out in the format that I want, thanks to Google's free webpages thingy, bar the shop part of the site.

I have no plans to host the site with Google, but I couldn't conceive the idea on paper, so thought this would be a good mock-up of what I wanted. I've found the experience of writing the site interesting, as no sooner would I finish a page than I would realise why it couldn't work that way. Of course, that would mean changing several other pages too, to get it in a workable format. Needless to say, it's taken hours and I'm still not completely happy, but at least now I have a working model of what I want - which will help in the next phase.

What I need to do now is find and pay for a domain name, a proper layout in the right colours etc, and an ISP to host. Oh yes, and pay for some optimisation for the site so that search engines can find it more easily.

No comments: