Wednesday, June 27, 2007

About to move

Tomorrow the packers arrive. Saturday our lease expires. Fortunately, we're staying with friends through the mess, so that at least we have some space and down time while everything else is manic. Thursday we fly - only 9 sleeps to go.

While I'm very excited about being home, I'm also rather apprehensive about it. It means leaving the only place where I have memories of my precious Zoe. Sunday past was 3 months. Can it only be 3 months? It feels like a lifetime. And it feels like just last week. Packing her ashes into my suitcase, and getting her clothes out for the packers to pack... it was a painful reminder that she is never coming home. I miss her more each day.

Zoe, my darling, I know you're watching from heaven. I just want you to know how much I love you, sweetheart, and how much I miss you. I can't wait to be Home for good, so we can spend eternity together, but there's a lot I need to do before I can come Home - and your Daddy and Nellie need me here for a while longer. But you are in my heart every day. I love you more than words can say. I long to see your smile and hear your laughter. I know that that day will come, so I'm trying to wait patiently till then, but I miss you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you are leaving already - before we even had a chance to meet face to face.

I'm glad you are going home- that the SA sun will warm you, and you will be surrounded once more by family.

And I bless your travelling back - thank you for sharing so much here on the blog - the joy and the grief - May God continue to bless you, to hold you in the palm of His hand in SA ... you are precious