Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Is she or isn't she?

Yesterday and today I've noticed that Nellie seems to be saying a lot. I mean, really saying a lot. Not just her usual babbling, but proper talking. I think.

I think she's saying 'What's that?' (it comes out as 'wazit') and she's definitely saying 'car' (but that applies to any vehicle - car, van or truck) and 'oopsies' (when she falls over or when she drops something). Today I think she also said 'Delilah' (the name of one of her stuffed toys) - except it came out as 'le-la'. I found that pretty astonishing, as Delilah isn't her favourite toy, and she hasn't yet said 'Leo', who is her favourite.

She hasn't said 'kitty' in a very long time, but just recently has started to meow when she sees one. She also says 'woof' when she sees a dog. She's finally started to say 'Mommy', but it can apply to a lot of things other than me... although it often does apply to me, which is really nice.

It's hard to know whether she's actually talking, or whether she's just copying sounds, but it certainly feels like she's trying to talk... How exciting!

No comments: