Saturday, February 07, 2009

Photographic exhibition

We took Nellie to the Musuem today - pretty good value at only R15 per adult. Anyway, the reason we went was because it is the last weekend of the Wildlife Photograph of the Year exhibition. Although I know that I really should not have taken photos (for copyright reasons), I couldn't resist 3 of my favourites.

This is Graeme's favourite. It's an Artic sunrise, lighting a polar bear.
My second favourite is this one of leaves after rainfall. Look inside the water droplet. What do you see?And my favourite favourite is this one. The story goes that after 3 hours, the photographer gave up waiting for one of them to win. I remember, as a child, seeing a poster up in an office, with a similar sketch of a frog holding on to a bird's throat, refusing to be swallowed. The caption read something about perseverance. I think this is a much better picture of perseverance!

No comments: