Saturday, February 21, 2009

No more happy doors for us

Nope, we've decided to go with a pivot door instead. About double the price, but it offers greater security, and looks great. The only thing to decide upon now is exactly which style to go with. Really, this modern consumer world offers us too many choices. I mean, I love having choice, don't get me wrong. I love that I can express my creativity by having a door that very few others in my area have.

But just sometimes, I find it all rather exhausting. Life would certainly be simpler if there were only 10 doors and I had to choose one of them.

Of course, the trip was made much more interesting by having Nellie along, with the measuring tape. Between her constant, "and what do you think of THIS door, Mommy?" and her pulling out the tape measure to measure toilets ("3,5,2,7"), I had several chuckles to myself. Fever or no fever, she was a joy to have along with me today.

So we're one step closer to having a front door.... only several more to go.

No comments: