Sunday, July 20, 2014

Gratitude day #19

I have recently been walking the dogs late at night (partly because we've been too busy with other things during the day). I don't know whether you've done any walking at night, but aside from being a potential statistic, there are physical hazards involved. Most notably, this is that there is limited light available for sight. This means that when I walk my eyes are on the ground, looking out for uneven pavements, gutters, dog poo and other hazards that might cause me to trip or slip or twist an ankle. All of this means that I am not looking up. Which is fine. Except for when my neighbours' trees or bushes are overhanging the pavement. And whack me in the eye.

So I am grateful tonight that my eye only has a few burst blood vessels and that it was not more damaged than it was. Nothing like a quick whack to the eye to remind you a) how painful eye injuries are and b) how vital your eyesight is.

No comments: