Friday, July 11, 2014

Gratitude day #10

As our holiday away draws to a close I am grateful for something relatively small: that my kids have enjoyed each other's company.

With kids, they often fight and clash. Sometimes it's jus old-fashioned sinking rivalry, sometimes it is the age difference - that what one wants is above or below the abilities of the other, or different age-appropriate interests. If I am honest, when we are home, they often annoy each other (and their oarents as a result!) and the levels of frustration in our house are often high.

Yet, this holiday, there have been no arguments. They have played and played and played, and just enjoyed each other's company. Whether it is the additional space, or the freedom to roam they don't get at home, or being away from screens, or having more relaxed parents, or a combination, I don't know. It has been bliss though! I have been so grateful for the break from the whining, the button-pushing, the  lame-shifting and the physicality born from frustration! Another week at home before the next term starts though, and I pray this break has given the emotional wherewithal to maintain this for this next week.

No comments: