Monday, July 14, 2014

Gratitude day #14

Life. I am grateful for life. Not just any life, though, or life in general, but a very specific one.

My mother's cousin's wife died yesterday. Yvonne was a wonderful, Godly woman, who was more like a sister to my mom than anything. Piet and his wife were such a help to us when my own gran developed Alzheimer's, and without them, I'm not sure how either my mom or I would have coped. They both have such a special place in our hearts.

Yvonne developed cancer about a year and a half ago, shortly after Piet himself had to be institutionalised because of his Alzheimer's. She died peacefully yesterday, while holding her daughter's hand.

I am grateful for the opportunity to have known Yvonne, to have counted her in my family. I am grateful that this is not goodbye, just a farewell, until we meet again.

No comments: