Thursday, April 09, 2009

Holiday? What holiday?

This was supposed to be my last chance to REST before the baby arrives. Certainly, once he's here, there will be no rest. Once school is back next week there will be no rest either - too manic to get exams prepared, and then marked, before I go off on maternity leave. Sigh!

This week has been a whirlwind of activity. We've managed to choose the tiles for the bathroom and kitchen, the cupboard finishes for the kitchen and bedroom, buy all the bathroom and kitchen bits and pieces (sinks, basins, taps, mixers, shower doors, etc), meet up with contractors to get quotes for under carpet heating, meet with the cupboard man to discuss our plans for the kitchen (with the result that we're going to gut it completely... which was not part of the original plan!), and source some out of date tiles to fix part of the other bathroom.

In between this, we've also managed to do some gift & grocery shopping, meet with friends/ family for lunch, sort Graeme's scooter's service out, visit the vet, have an anniversary breakfast at Kirstenbosch, and get some reading in after Nellie's in bed. I'm shattered.

Tomorrow we're going to church, and then we have a friend's birthday party tea in the afternoon (yay!). Saturday we're helping our maid move into her new shack. Sunday is church, then family lunch, then other family tea. Monday we're taking the day off as a family and going to a kiddy petting farm near by (that also has a chocolate factory) (double yay!). Tuesday will be more house chores (meeting more contractors, etc) and some nappy business stuff. Then Wed it's back to work, and I already have a long list of things to do when I get there, not to mention 4 classes worth of work to mark or the exams I need to set, or all the PTA meetings that will take place in the following 5 school days. In addition, we're hoping to move house before I go on maternity leave. Hmm... I'm a lunatic, right?

So, with all that in mind, I think I'm going to head off to bed now.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel though - if all goes according to plan, then I will have 10 days of rest between finishing school and the induction. At least, that's what I keep telling myself.

No comments: