Sunday, May 18, 2008

The lighter side of politics

When I'm marking exam papers (as I am at the moment), I like to listen to the radio or a CD. It helps me to block out other distractions, and keeps me from getting bored out of my mind.

This morning, as I'm listening to BBC radio 2 online (to a podcast of Friday's broadcast of Steve Wright in the Afternoon) - my all-time favourite radio station - I nearly fell off my chair when they announced two political comments, so I just had to share them with you:

Boris Johnson (Conservative, Mayor of London, infamous for speaking without thinking, a regular guest presenter of 'Have I Got News for You'), when asked whether he aspired to being Prime Minister: I have as much chance of becoming PM as I have of finding Elvis!

Labour spokesperson: The greenbelt is a Labour initiative, and we intend building on it.

No comments: