Sunday, July 08, 2007

A day to remember

Well, we survived seeing all the family today. We saw the Broster clan for lunch, and some of the Masureik clan for tea. Nellie was very well behaved, and as charming as always.

This evening I watched a recording of a programme from e-tv, from last week. It was the first episode of a new season of 'Let's Fix It', and the recipient was Bosom Buddies. Mel is a friend I've made through her sister's blog... it's a long story. Anyway, she's a Christian who is doing something for the disadvantaged new mothers who give birth in state hospitals. They have nothing (literally - not even clothes for the baby or maternity pads for themselves!). Mel gives them something. One of her team wrote to 'Let's Fix It' and asked for donations, and they got lots! I was in tears watching the programme. Here's someone living out her faith in a practical way, touching the lives of literally thousands of people, through such simple giving. I was humbled to think that she might call me her friend.

I urge you to check out her site, and if you are in Cape Town, to think about giving some time to BB. If you're elsewhere in the world, please think about how you might be able to support Mel. There are people all over the world collecting things for BB.

Anyway, I just had to say that today is a day I will remember for a long time to come. Today I got to see how Mel has been bringing the love of God into people's lives, ushering the Kingdom in. It was a privilege!

No comments: