Monday, February 06, 2012

Thunderbolt and lightning, very very frightening....

Picture it - around 6.30am this morning:

  • Me in the shower, hair and ears full of suds, trying hard not to get it in my eyes.
  • Dog #2 trying to melt herself through the shower doors before the thunder eats her alive (or so she thinks)
  • Child #1 trying to tell me how scared she is, but having to yell cos I can't hear her.
And then I remembered the washing on the line from yesterday....

That was how my day started, more or less.

All told though, it was a relatively good day. I got to spend it outdoors with about 125 Gd 11s in the sun and in a river; some of whom are just too ... snobbish? cool? scared?... to actually get wet or dirty. Oh dear God, help me! I'm going to strangle them.

For many of them, it was the first time they've ever caught tadpoles, or crabs (the invertebrate kind, not the STD kind!)

(Speaking of which, I finally got around to getting an HIV test last week. It's something we actively promote at the school, to help destigmatise it. The nurse didn't realise that I'd never had one before - I was apparently so calm and collected she assumed it must be a regular thing for me. That's me - Miss Cool, Calm and Collected.)

However, right now, I'm still feeling a bit out of sorts. I'm really hoping I didn't get burnt (doesn't feel like it), but I suspect that I've got a touch of heat-stroke. It was SO humid in the river itself, and HOT as hell.

Of course, I'm also so tired, I've done no school work tonight, which is not good either... no lessons planned for tomorrow, no marking done, etc. But as I'm going to gym at 5am tomorrow, I think I need to sleep now. Sleep is more important, right? Let's hope that my sick kids (yup, AGAIN!) don't wake me up and that my loving hubbie doesn't snore too badly.

No comments: