Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Losing my marbles?

It's happening. I'm getting old. Yup, no doubt about it.

In the past 2 weeks I have got lost twice, forgotten umpteen things, and.... darn! Now I can't remember the other thing I wanted to tell you. It feels like it was important.

Oh well, it'll come to me at some point.

Now I'm not normally someone who gets lost. I'm a together, competent, capable woman. But I usually rely quite heavily on common sense. e.g. There's no need to take a copy of the email with me that tells me which room we'll be meeting in at the venue, cos there'll be someone at reception to help me, except... there isn't. Blast!

or what about - I won't bother looking it up in a map book, cos I have my phone GPS with me - except that it loses signal and can't re-establish it. Blast! (and I don't have a map book in the car cos I'm in hubby's car, not mine...)

There are two conclusions one can draw from all this (not just the getting lost bits):
1) I'm getting old.
2) I'm so stressed and tired my brain can't keep up with me.
3) I'm losing my common sense.
4) All of the above.

So which is it??? Straw poll says... ? (See poll at the top of the sidebar (it will only remain there for 6 days, so vote NOW.)

No comments: