Friday, September 04, 2009

Internet-lessness

This week I've been suffering from internet-lessness. According to Urban Dictionary, internet-lessness is the state of being without internet access. I prefer it's alternative definition: It is also "a rare disorder that usually only appears in parts of Africa, South America and Mexico. It is a rather contagious disease that originated in Zimbabwe where the virus was conceived. ALL contact with the host Mr Robert Mugabe most be avoided. God speed and God save us all." Of course, our case of internet-lessness was not caused by this esteemed gentleman, but due to our own greed in consuming that most precious of commodities in Africa - bandwidth.

According to the Nashua mobile website "Broadband has been scientifically proven to eradicate Internet-lessness. Side effects may include increased cleverness and coolness."

Ahh, that would explain it then. THAT'S why I have become increasingly stupid this week. It would also explain why my garden has evolved. (I will post a picture or two when it's all done... still some work to do on it next week.)

It has been surprisingly refreshing to have an enforced rest from my favourite activities. However, my conversational ability has become increasingly limited to the words: garden, digging, planting, tired, and sore muscles, while my body has been increasingly limited to the actions of sitting down and sleeping. Thus, it is with great joy that I have been cured of this insiduous affliction.

If something major has happened in your life since last week this time, and I haven't commented yet, you will need to inform me again. I am simply too unaccustomed to browsing back in the status updates to find your announcement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just testing my new google account.....maybe now I can leave comments!!!!