Monday, March 24, 2008

What a wonderful world

When I was a little girl, Louis Armstrong's song was used as the track for an advert for preventing retinitis pigmentosa. I've always remembered the poignancy of that ad - the incredible words with the awful thought of losing one's sight.

Today, although it is the anniversary of Zoe's birth, I feel the same poignancy - this is an incredible world, even without the presence of my baby girl.

Then, as these things happen, a friend posted this video clip on Facebook, and it just seemed to match my feelings so well - the blend of humour with these incredible words, with incredible images (especially the one of the baby's hand). So here it is, for your enjoyment too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad it brought you a moment of joy on the sadest of days.. Ohhhh YEEEAH :)
There are more moments of Brightness in store for you and 525600 moments to know that you are loved and appreciated... even by us lurkers :)

Here is a BIG hug from us and lots of prayers for you all today! XXX