Monday, August 09, 2010

Rethinking Einstein: The end of space-time - physics-math - 09 August 2010 - New Scientist

Rethinking Einstein: The end of space-time - physics-math - 09 August 2010 - New Scientist

It's not often that I post really academic stuff, but I read this and have got SO excited by it, I decided I would. What excites me about this is the fact that the nature of science is still at work in this example. It's often so hard to explain to the kids at school how science is constantly changing as we discover more things, and learn and develop new technologies. I just LOVE this example. It may prove as huge to our understanding of the universe and life as Darwin - or Newton - or Einstein... In generations to come, kids may know Horava's name in the same way they know these others.

2 comments:

Juliette said...

Just wanted to say I've been reading your blog in pieces here and there and really enjoy it! And I'll have to check out your link at this post - I'm a chemistry teacher. :)

MazBrost said...

Thanks Juliette! Nice to know that what I write brings some pleasure to others apart from myself.