Sunday, August 22, 2010

End of an era (video post)

I can still remember when the cooling towers at the current Old Mutual HQ site near the Old Mutual train station came down. I remember being on my father's shoulders, and wishing I could be up on the roof instead. Today, nearly 25 years later, I got my wish!
Up on my own roof this afternoon, I nearly missed the implosion. Yup, the organisers and Dan Plato (the mayor) hit the button nearly 5 mins too early! So, although I had the video camera, I missed it. However, thanks to the marvels of modern technology, I can show you the video that someone else took.

First though, here are some of my photos:


This one comes from 94.5 kFm's Jacques:

And finally, the video... (There's an even cooler vid from News24 here.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wellll..they imploded well !!! The view from Table Mountain will never be the same again.......