Monday, May 11, 2009

Is this it?

Over the past few weeks, I've been having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions (these are "practice" contractions to prepare the uterus). Then, last week, I had none. Suddenly, today, it's like WW3. I've been SO uncomfortable and my uterus has been rock hard most of the day. Of course, there are several consequences of this:

1) Baby boy has been uncomfortable, so has been kicking me a lot. (No paranoia today, as a result of that!)

2) I can't bend at all, not even slightly, without feeling extremely uncomfortable and sore.
3) I have had serious indigestion all day.

While on the one hand, all this is actually good news, I am slightly perturbed by it. The reason being that this is the pattern both previous pregnancies have followed... with the result that during my 33rd week I have gone into labour.

So... week 33 starts on Wed and my uterus is irritable. Hmm.... does this mean what I think it means??????

No comments: