Friday, May 01, 2009

Go on - I dare you: interpret this dream!

As some of you know, I dream in glorious technicolour and surround sound, but my dreams are always.... a little off the wall, crazy, weird, bizarre, insane. This past week, I overheard a brief interview on radio with a dream therapist, and it got me thinking again about interpreting some of the stuff I dream (I should actually use my dreams to write a book - no end of really great story lines that would keep readers guessing till the final pages!).

So, go on, I dare you! Have a go at interpreting this one...

G and I have hired a black taxi* driven by a WHITE guy in order to run some errands. We're sitting in the front, with the driver. Nellie is in the back, with another family member (who keeps switching from one of my brothers to one of G's). There is no dashboard, and no front to the taxi. Every time the driver brakes, particularly when he brakes hard (which is most of the time) I (and sometimes both G and I) fall out the front of the van. Usually I manage to hang on to the two sides of the car to stop myself being scraped on the ground or going under the van. Usually G manages to lean over, grab hold of my clothing and pull me back in immediately.

Of course, this dream makes no rational sense:

1) I would never travel in a black taxi. Firstly, I have a car, and if I need a car there are hoards of relatives I could borrow a car from. Secondly, they are just WAY too dangerous & I love my life too much (selfish individual that I am).

2) I would absolutely NEVER put Janel in one!

3) This one is driven by a white guy - something I have not yet seen in real life.

4) But the most ridiculous fact is that this one has no front. In no universe would I EVER get into the FRONT of a vehicle driven by a maniac like that when it had no front, and even more so, if I were enough of a lunatic to do that, I would not get in and FAIL to wear a seat-belt.

So, go on - give it your best shot. What's going on in my head???

*In SA a black taxi is a white MPV van that can legally carry 10 adults but frequently takes at least 16, with a gatje (a guy who sits and calls the route or destination out of the window and takes your money when you get in), is usually unroadworthy, driven by a guy with no licence, and who therefore never obeys any of the rules of the road.

No comments: