Sunday, October 21, 2007

Rugby mania

Thank God we won. That's all I can say. Can you imagine this nation if we'd lost? It would be a national disaster and the entire country would be in mourning.

Of course, I'm thrilled that we won, and I'm proudly South African today, but I'm not a fanatic. I can keep perspective. Rugby is just a game, not the b-all and end-all of life. (Thank God for that too!). Still - well done, Bokke! You made me so proud of you!

Another group I'm really proud of are the boys at school who put on a cabaret this past week to raise funds for their matric year. It was fantastic! I can't even begin to describe how brilliant they were. Not only was the stuff they played performed to a standard well beyond what I would expect from school children (as young as 15 in some cases), but they played it without sheet music, and with such passion and obvious enjoyment. I was so proud to be able to say that I teach these incredible boys.

And I'm even more proud of the teacher who organised them, a personal friend of mine. She is an incredible woman and was such an inspiration to them all. How she did it, I don't know. Not a word of complaint from her, although she was obviously stressed by a lot of the details that had to be negotiated and sorted out. What an inspiration she is to me. Paola - you go, girl!

And I'm equally proud of my little girl who went to nursery this week without crying when Daddy left her! What a big girl!

3 comments:

seethroughfaith said...

yeah but think of the shame in England :(

MazBrost said...

Yeah, but they're used to losing...

Graeme

MazBrost said...

There should be a big fat ;-) in that last comment...

Graeme