Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Head, shoulders, knees and toes...

Yet again I've been in the wars. On Friday I slipped and fell, landing on my knee. At first, the pain was so bad and the swelling so massive, I thought I'd cracked my kneecap. However, after several x-rays I was told that it's just ligament damage (just a really bad sprain).

So, several hours of treatment later I'm recovering nicely. I can now walk without pain, but climbing up or down stairs is still painful.

At least this week has been easier at work - the Gd 9's are doing exams; the Gd 8's are doing a unit I taught in the UK, so there's no prep for me as I've got everything I need all ready; the Gd 10's are doing PPT presentations on a section of the work they need to learn (so again, I get to avoid doing any prep!); and the Gd 11's are doing exercises on theory work they've done - but because the whole grade is involved in evening fund raisers this week, there's no homework. Sjoe! It feels weird not taking work home with me, but I'm enjoying it as much as I can because the marking starts soon! And when it does, I will have to disappear for a few weeks. I worked out that I have 10 sets of exams to mark. Oh joy!

Something that keeps me going is my little darling. Tonight she spontaneously came up to me, gave me a hug and said 'Miss you'!!! How cute is that?!

1 comment: