Thursday, July 15, 2010

I needed a laugh today (video post)

Today I found out that a good friend, who has been battling cancer, and had seemed to have been healed, isn't. She is now resistant to her cancer drugs and so needs a bone marrow transplant, and urgently, if she's going to live. She has two young daughters. She's already tried the bone marrow register, and she's already had a drive to get people to get tested and sign up as donors. No luck.

What a sucky morning I had after finding that out!

So I needed a laugh.

Thank God for blogs, Facebook and Twitter - who all came through for me today. I thought I'd share a few bits here, in case you needed a laugh too.


I had to watch this one a few times - first time I was like : WTF??? But after a few times, all I find myself saying is "I'm on a horse!" BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!


There's that horse again...

or how about this discussion over on Tertia's blog about things you never thought you'd hear yourself say? I nearly wet myself with some of them.

or how about this website detailing all the faux pas people make on Facebook? (not always funny, but guaranteed to take your mind off your own problems for a few minutes.

Sigh! Laughter is good medicine to help take the edge off my pain.

Speaking of which - I have a swollen lip and a massive cut inside it. Why, you may well ask? Because my daughter saw fit to connect the top of her head with my lips when I was trying to kiss her goodbye. Yup, I have two very purple tooth impressions on the inside of my lip to go with that lovely cut. Of course, I can't drink or eat or talk properly now. Which is also kind of funny (given how much I love talking and eating and drinking) - okay, more like ironic, but who's counting?

I'll leave you with this one... (courtesy of @FunnyOneLiners on Twitter)... I'm sick and tired of my computer being the only one to get naps and cookies!


No comments: