Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Parting is such sweet sorrow

As our SGB Chair (and an ex-English teacher) put it this morning - "Shakespeare was a fool". There's nothing sweet about grief. It's horrible.

Saying goodbye to an excellent leader such as Tony is very hard. I feel that I haven't yet learnt all I could from this amazing man. While I trust the new principal coming in, and while I'm sure he's going to do amazing things at the school, I know that I am personally losing something.

In his speech Tony said that when you are too emotional you wind up not being able to say goodbye properly. Yet just another example of his wisdom, because I was just too choked up to say in person all the things I wanted to. I've sent him an FB message though, so at least I said what needed to be said, but I wish I'd been able to say it in person without falling apart.

So - next term we move on to new leadership and the next chapter in the life of this amazing school. I love my job and I love this school, and I hope and pray it only gets better with time.

No comments: