Sunday, June 06, 2010

Oh yes, and before I forget...

... Nathan is definitely walking - several long meters at a time.

I've got video footage, but right now don't have the energy to upload it from my phone to the computer to the web.

AND... we think Nathan is starting to talk. He's been babbling for ages now, but yesterday he said something that sounded distinctly like 'oggy oof oof' when the dogs were making a racket barking at the fence. Then, only minutes later, he started grabbing at Graeme's leg (while G was sitting at the dining room table) and said 'ickle ickle' (tickle, tickle) and giggling.

I'm thrilled. Over the moon. But my fear is that his first real words are going to be in Xhosa (since he's learning both English and Xhosa as his mother tongues) and I won't have a clue what he's saying. I REALLY need to learn to speak Xhosa. And soon. If he's starting to talk then I don't have months to do this - I have a matter of weeks.

If I can, I'll try to record his babbling and upload it for you. It's too cute!

And of course - he'll be a year on Thurs. Can you believe it??? We had party #1 today with G's family. Our cell group will be coming to pray over him and thank God for his life on Wed, and then my family and some friends will be joining us next Sunday for party #2. This boy is going to be thoroughly spoilt!!!

But when I think back, over the fears and paranoia, and his labour, then I think it's all worth it. It's worth celebrating how amazing God is for saving his life, for bringing this amazing soul into our lives, for bringing joy into my life in a way I'd never imagined, for this amazing child who is just too gorgeous for words. I know that this child's destiny in Christ is to bring healing and joy to the world (or whichever parts of it he touches), and already he is fulfilling that destiny.

(I often wish I had a clear sense of what Nellie's destiny in Christ was so I could better pray for her and train her up to fulfil it.... I think, though, that it has something to do with her emotional sensitivity. I suspect she will have incredible sensitivity to God's spirit and be able to discern not only God's heart but whether there are other powers/ spirits at work in a particular situation. However, that is very much only MY thinking and not anything at all that I've felt God say to me about her.)

I am incredibly blessed to have not just one, or two, but three amazing children. When I look at how amazing Nathan and Janel are, I can only imagine just how amazing Zoe is. She has all their good qualities without any of their sin or selfishness or jealousies, or naughtiness.

My good friend had emergency surgery this past week, and when she woke up was told that instead of having a cyst removed, she'd actually had a partial hysterectomy. Only God knows whether she will be able to have children. (I believe in miracles, don't you?) It made me acutely aware of just how blessed I am, despite my APS, despite having lost Zoe, that I am not only capable of having children, but that I have been blessed with two living kids who are just so amazing.

Thank you God for my kids. May I be a worthy parent to these precious souls you have entrusted to my care.

No comments: