Sunday, August 09, 2009

Perfect days

"If I could save time in a bottle..." I'd botlle days like yesterday and today. My step-mother sometimes comments that when she asks how I am or how life is, it's never fine - that there always seems to be something wrong. I maintain it's just that I often only see her when things are tough. This weekend is a prime example.

Yesterday was a perfect day. I can't even remember all the things we did, but I remember going to bed feeling extremely contented and thinking how I'd love to repeat the day. I know it involved quality time with each of my kids and with my husband! That's not to say nothing went wrong... I had a 'fight' with my hubbie (but making up was fun!) and Nate had very bad reflux. On balance though, it was a perfect day.

Today was another perfect day, for different reasons. It was freezing cold, and church wasn't as great as I was hoping - they didn't even acknowledge woman's day!! There was quality time with family again, but there was me time too. Today I got to sleep late this morning AND I got to have a nap this afternoon. Plus, I got to do a small bit of gardening. I'm finally starting to acknowledge that I'm not a gardener at heart - or that I don't have the time to be one - but that doesn't mean I don't love it when I get a chance.

So - there we are: today and yesterday I am perfectly happy & content.

No comments: