Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Prayer needed

For those who pray, please do! Yesterday I had a big scare as I went into labour in the early afternoon, at 33 weeks. The contractions were never more than 30 minutes apart, but it was still a big shock! Fortunately, and all the glory goes to God for answering our prayers!, after getting some friends to pray the contractions stopped during the night without anything further happening.

Given that Janel survived being born at 33 weeks with no long-term side effects, I was sufficiently confident that everything would be ok, even if I did give birth. So I didn't go into hospital as I didn't want to be hooked up to a monitor until I was convinced that something was wrong or that this was the real deal. I spent the night at a friends' (Graeme and Nellie only get back tonight after their flight was delayed by over 12 hours!), who made sure I was able to rest properly and someone on hand in case I did need to go to hospital.

However, I would still really value your prayers that this baby is only born at the moment God has ordained for the birth - not a moment sooner or later! If that happens, then I have faith that everything will be fine with both the baby and me, irrespective of when that might be.

At the moment mother and baby are doing fine - baby is kicking merrily and mother is feeling fine. Needless to say, I'm going to make sure I do as little as possible over the next few weeks to try to ensure that this little one doesn't arrive too early. I need to get to 37 weeks if I want a water birth....

... and I'd love some time at home with Nellie (I'm officially on maternity leave now) before the new baby arrives...

Thanks!

No comments: