Monday, March 05, 2012

#edchatsa

Hash tags. If you don't know what they are, then you clearly move in small circles. Twitter has got to be one of the greatest tools ever. I use it all the time, both personally and professionally. On a personal level, I keep in touch with family, friends and acquaintances, and find out info about my community (like weather, traffic, voting stations, shopping queue lengths, etc). Professionally, I use it to connect to other teachers, to bounce ideas off, to 'steal' ideas from, and to grow my own boundaries.

Tonight was the FIRST EVER online education chat for teachers in SA - hashtag is #edchatsa. Although I was late to the chat (other urgent commitments kept me away for a while), it was great to chat to some like-minded folk about stuff I'm passionate about. It's got me all fired up again about really doing the stuff I love. Now if only it weren't so late, and I had some time to plan a few activities around the things that are floating in my head....

No comments: