Friday, March 09, 2012

The ANC vs the DA

My family send me all kinds of jokes. Usually, I just read them and delete. (Note - no laughing...) Sometimes, I chuckle, then delete them. Occasionally, I laugh out loud, then reply to say thanks for the laugh, and then delete them. And then there's the one in a very large number that I pass on or share with others. This is one of those.

I recently asked my friend's little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President someday. 

Both of her parents, ANC supporters, were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?" 


She replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people." Her parents smiled hugely. 

"Wow...what a worthy goal." I told her, "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that. You can come over to my house for a morning and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and sweep my yard, and I'll pay you R100. Then I'll take you over to the supermarket where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the R100 to use toward food and a new house." 

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked: "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the R100?" 

I said, "Welcome to the Democratic Alliance." 


Her parents still aren't speaking to me.'

No comments: