Thursday, May 13, 2010

Nathan walks?

I can't believe it's been a week since this momentous event, but it has. Just goes to show how busy I am.

Last weekend my dear son appears to have taken his first steps on his own. I'm not sure, because I wasn't present. It might have been more a case of "falling with purpose" than actual walking. However, he is now walking while only holding one of your hands (albeit still with a lot of shuffling and stumbling) and walking confidently along furniture. So, whether or not it was 'real' walking, it won't be long till he will be walking properly.

His sister was walking by 13 months, and she was 7 weeks prem, so he's got big shoes to fill if he's going to keep pace with her (he's a year in 4 weeks time - EEEK!). Then again, she was a LOT lighter than him, so it was probably a lot easier for her to get her weight airborne and mobile...

So - I'd better go and plan his birthday party now... Sheesh. Two kids to plan parties for... thank God they're 6 months apart - I don't think I'd cope otherwise.

No comments: