Sunday, May 16, 2010

From smiles to destinies

Nothing warms my heart quite as much as seeing my kids playing together and having fun. I guess it's that I love seeing the people I adore loving and adoring each other as well.

On the way to church this morning I couldn't help smiling, and then laughing, as Nellie tickled Nate till he was squealing with joy. Seeing that boy's face light up as his sister's hand drew nearer was so precious. Seeing him laugh and smile is just so precious too, but seeing him love his sister like that, and seeing her love him like that.... It warms the cockles of my heart.

I was reminded again this morning just how blessed I am to have my kids. I was reminded again that I nearly lost Nellie during her birth, that I nearly lost Nate during his, and that I did lose Zoe before hers. I was reminded that Nate is a special blessing to us - not a replacement for Zoe, but a blessing to ease the pain of her loss. His friendly, outgoing nature and his ready smile make any dull day beautiful and any pain less intense. Wherever he goes he makes others smile and laugh. I truly believe that this child has a destiny to bring Christ's healing and joy to those he has contact with.

His sister's gift seems less spiritual - she is a WHIZZ at puzzles. She has a sensitive spirit and an enquiring mind, with a stubborn streak she could only have inherited from me. Quite what her destiny is, I'm not sure. It's going to be fun learning and growing with her though as we figure it out.

No comments: