Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Water taxi

Today I was a tourist in my own city. It was fabulous. We took the ferry/ water taxi from the CTICC to the V&A Waterfront. For only R20 each way, it's a great way to get to the waterfront. The skipper is a chatty guy, with a great store of (useless??) information about the various buildings and other features visible along the way. I certainly learnt some stuff about the city, and I've lived here my entire life. You also get to go through a working lock at the end of the canal, where it opens into the harbour, which is an experience in and of itself. Definitely worth a trip.

I took a selection of photos, mainly of the lock, but also of the sumptuous and scandalously wealthy apartments and hotels along the route, and of some of the interesting and/or famous boats, yachts & ships in the harbour. You can see them here, on Flickr, if you're interested.

No comments: