Friday, September 19, 2008

Snap shot of frustration

I am so annoyed! I love everything about my phone, except its camera. After upgrading from pre-pay to contract, I chose what I thought was a nice phone. OK, admittedly, I chose it on the spur of the moment, while listening over the phone to the description the guy on the other end was giving me. Admittedly, the line was awful. But the point remains that I thought I was getting a decent phone. And it is - except for the camera.

I love the way my phone's menus are set up, and the extent to which I can customise the display. I love the shortcuts. I love the fact that is has an FM radio built in. I love the feel of it in my hand. I love the keys. I even love the colour.

But I hate the camera. Why? It's like anything - when you're used to quality, to have to step back leaves one in the depths of frustration. Not only does my camera NOT have a flash, but it doesn't even have a 'night' mode. It's optical zoom is pathetic and it takes rubbish photos. So now I can't just snap Nellie doing something cute, because I know it's not going to come out. It's simply not worth the effort.

And that really makes me sad. I want to be able to capture my daughter (or anything else, for that matter) on the spur of the moment.

So - me thinks I'm going to have to get another phone. You see, now that I have an FM radio, I just CAN'T go back to my old phone (the one with the very cool camera!)... I'm too used to listening to the radio at all times and in all places. And this is how materialism gets it's filthy little claws into one.

Beware! Beware! Lest ye fall into the same trap! Beware! Ye should ALWAYS do ye homework first - NEVER, NEVER buy something without having done ye research.

No comments: