Thursday, April 10, 2008

Kill the car!

So.. day 9 and counting... (day 11 if you count the weekend) ... our STUPID car is STILL in the garage and is STILL not fixed. Nor will it be for several more days....

AARRRGH!! I would KILL THE CAR if it wasn't an inanimate object!!!

God alone knows what the cost will be, and I'm shuddering thinking about it. I know it will be at least 4 figures, but quite probably with a large numeral at the front, possibly even 5 figures. Which is a lot. A hang of a lot. Especially when you don't have it.

I love technology, except when it fails to work. Then I could just about tear my hair out, stamp my feet, scream, throw things... you get the picture. Of course, I can't do that to the mechanic, because it's hardly his fault now is it? But SOMEONE is going to pay for this debacle... just as soon as I figure out who...

And while it's pouring... Janel is very sick with the cold of the century, and we've just heard that the owner of the house we've just bought is going into receivership. Joy. So things are not looking so good re buying this house after all. And now I'm starting to feel sick... headache, backache, tired.

Someone please remind me that this is all just STUFF, and not to get so worked up about it or money ... that we have each other (if not our health!) a roof over our heads, jobs, clothes and food, and that we're actually doing just fine. Someone please remind me!

No comments: