Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Incredible crime defeating device

I know that some people take an innovative approach to dealing with crime in SA, but this one takes the cake!! I found these awesome pictures on a blog post via Amatomu (a blog feeder site for South African blogs - very cool), and now, do you think I can find them again? No. Dammit! I've searched on Google images for them, and can't find them there either. SO - I will try to describe it to you.

OK, so imagine you're sitting in your car looking down at your pedals. Look at the well-space in which the pedals are placed. Now imagine that that at the outer edge of that space, someone has welded in a safe. Yup. I kid you not. A safe.

I guess anyone trying to steal that car would have a bit of a problem trying to drive, seeing as how he (how's that for sexist?!) wouldn't have access to a single pedal. Certainly a novel approach to anti-theft devices.

No comments: