Sunday, August 05, 2012

At a loss for words

This past week I have had bronchitis - I was off work for 4 days. The result is that I've been too tired to do much of anything. The result of that is that I feel I have nothing to say - I have been sitting staring at the computer screen wondering what on earth I could share with you tonight. Blank. Utter blank.

I could talk about the Olympics, but everyone is doing that. Of course, I'm impressed with Le Clos, and Pistorius. Who isn't?

I could talk about how my daughter dealt a crushing blow to my self-esteem this evening, but that's just depressing.

I could talk about how cute my son is, or about how I can't wait for the terrible threes to come to an end, but if I do the former, I feel I need to say something equally nice about my daughter, and if I do the latter, I'm not sharing anything new.

I could moan about how much my car is going to cost me to repair, and how that means we're going to be broke for the rest of the year - but I'm really not in the mood for moaning, oddly.

I haven't seen any movies, or read any books worth discussing.

Work is work - nothing new there. Marking and more marking, with never enough time to do what I think is necessary to be a good teacher.

I could talk about what God said to me today, except that I'm not sure what it means, and until I do, I don't really want to share it.

So. Bleh. It turns out that I have nothing to say. I reckon this is because I'm still tired and recovering, and just not myself. I'm hoping that's it, cos I really don't like being this way.

Hope you'd had a good weekend though.

No comments: