Monday, October 03, 2011

National pride

At bedtime, one of us will always sing a song to Nellie. One of her regular requests, and an all-time favourite, is the national anthem (go figure! What a patriot!). Needless to say, she was thrilled to BITS when we got to sing it for the first rugby game. Our church cancelled the second service and we all stayed to watch the game on the big screens. I recorded it for her (and for my amazing husband who was still standing in the queue to collect our boerie rolls). Although it's WELL after the event, I thought I would post it, because I love this country, and I love this song, and I love what this song represents for all South Africans.

Sadly though, I do not love the Bokke Jive... I just don't like the song, and so I haven't got into it at all, so I won't be recording it, nor will I be dancing it, nor will I be posting anything else about it. I think it doesn't come close to the soccer world cup Diski Dance, and even that wasn't the ... um... captivating dance (at least I learnt it though, and that made it more fun to hum along to).

No comments: