Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Boundaries

Did I mention our new fence?

No?

We have a new side/ rear fence.

Wooden palisade with vibracrete posts.

With timber that is guaranteed for 20 years. (We'll see about that!)

I don't know why I'm so excited about it - it's just a fence, right? And it doesn't look particularly lovely or anything. After all, it's just a fence.

But still - I am really excited about it.

It's much lighter in colour than our previous fence, and we've had to cut back a lot of vegetation to be able to get it in. The result is that the area where it is suddenly seems bigger and brighter. I love space and light and air... so I really like my fence (despite the fact that the top of it is so uneven).

Plus, now we'll get no further complaints from the neighbour that our dogs are in her garden. I get that strange barking dogs in your garden is enough to scare lots of people. Yet, I look at my two "guard dogs" and laugh. How anyone could be scared of them...???? I'd say that they're complete push-overs, except that if you're a criminal reading this you'd probably be rubbing your hands together in glee at a statement like that, thinking about how easy it would be to get in.

(See, that nasty paranoia raising it's ugly head again...)

So I won't.

Instead I'll tell you that my new fence is a lovely shade of natural yellow-green and smells great too and will give you splinters if you try to climb over it so don't bother.

Now, if only getting my lawn to grow could be as easy as putting up a fence...

No comments: