Wednesday, August 22, 2007

It's here!

Yes - our stuff is finally here... and we have our computer back! YAY!

Of course, we're not going to unpack anything, because we move again in a week and a half. Sigh! But at least our computer is unpacked. What joy!

Speaking of which - I've downloaded all my photos off my phone that I've been storing for the past month or so. Now I just need to find the time to reduce them so that I can upload them onto the blog. WATCH THIS SPACE!

Other than that I am happy to report that I have been appointed as the Head of Life Sciences at Pinelands High. I'm pleased about that, because as long as it takes to get Lovely Laitjies up and running properly, I need an income. (Of course, having a job will slow down the process of getting LL up and running... which is a slight hitch in the plan....)

I've been having a few bad days recently, thinking about Zoe a lot. I guess that's an indicator that I'm starting to feel more settled, because it means that I'm not so stressed I can keep the grief at bay any more. So I guess that's a good thing. Of course, letting the grief out is a good thing anyway. But it does mean that I'm having a rough time. I broke down in church on Sunday, and I was on my own because Graeme was sick in bed. One lady stopped and offered to pray, and I found that so hard on so many levels: I was on my own; I knew just about no-one in the service; I didn't want to refuse prayer because I needed it, but I didn't want to tell this stranger why I was crying; I didn't want to go home in a state because Graeme was sick and didn't need that... it was just awful. Fortunately though, a friend came to the rescue, so I cried on her shoulder for a bit. But even that felt odd because we haven't really talked about Zoe and it felt like I needed to do that first. While it helped, it also made me miss my friends back in London even more... (Jobs - I miss you like crazy! I miss our teas like crazy! PLEEEEEEZE come and visit!)

OK - time to stop before I get even more upset.

I should just say that from the beginning of Sep I'm going to be offline again a bit for a while. Telkom can only install our phone line mid-Sep, and then it will take another few weeks to sort out broadband. Sigh! The joys of living in a 3rd world country. But hey - the view of the mountain every morning just about makes up for that!

No comments: