Friday, November 10, 2006

Stuff and things

Definitely talking! Today at the childminder's, she apparently said 'that' and 'bye'!!

We had a fund day yesterday - we went to a chickenpox party! Scary, but true. One of Nellie's little friends has chickenpox and is still infectious, so we went round to play so she can catch it. I'd rather she gets it now than that she has my horrid experience. (I stopped counting spots when I hadn't moved down beyond my face and neck but had already hit 200! I have lots of scars all over because I had spots on top of spots - which then burst, leaving me with scars. Not pleasant.)

The rest of our swimming course has had to be cancelled because while carrying out routine maintenance they discovered that the pool is badly corroded under the lining. This means that the entire pool has to be ripped out and a new one put in. Assuming we get to book onto the next course we'll get our missing weeks tacked onto that course, otherwise I guess we'll get a refund. Still, I think we all really miss it (even though it was at the most inconvenient time!)

Last night Aunty Cath came to visit, with Cousin Trish, as they're both in London at the same time, and so Nellie got an early birthday present of a Hungarian hat. Very cute!



No comments: