Sunday, June 30, 2013

Hello... I'm still here...

I've accepted that my blogging this year will be sporadic. I hate it, but such is life. On the priority list of m life, it's not that high when compared with a actually getting out there and living life. I could choose to write what I consider drivel, and write more frequently, but I don't want to read drivel from others, so I don't think I should subject you to that either then.

One of the themes of recent weeks has been enjoying my kids. In the pas few weeks I have had so many moments of sheer pleasure with my kids, just loving them and laughing with them, and watching them grow and develop. Every time I've debated running together my ipad/ camera to record the event, and then share it on the blog, or just enjoy it. As you can tell by the lack of recent posts, I've opted for the latter every time.

In recent weeks I have been reminded that my kids are:
- funny
- sweet
- intelligent
- caring
- beautiful
- cute, cheeky monkeys

If I could capture all the funny things they have said or done, their attempts at teasing, as well as all the tender moments when I've caught them loving each other, being kind to each other, playing sweetly with each other, I think I could have created a daily photo/ video blog that would easily run for a year. 

I have felt such gratitude at being their mother. I haven't done anything to deserve such wonderful children, yet God has blessed me with them never the less.

I have also re-discovered how FULL ON parenting is, and my respect for SAHM's has been renewed. I love my kids, I love weekends and holidays, but I also love my job and getting space from my family. For those whose job is their family, I truly salute you.

For those heading on holidays, have a happy, safe time.

No comments: