Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Check this out!

Firstly, just to say that Nellie has had yet ANOTHER tooth come through - this time a pre-molar on the bottom right. Needless to say, she's had her finger in her mouth for days now, feeling it!

Secondly to say that WE HAD SNOW!! Yes, it actually snowed in London.... incredible! However, for the past 3 years, the heaviest snow in London has been around Easter time - I remember because of the havoc it caused getting into school and the disruption it caused to teaching, so I'm waiting for another nice whack of snow later in the year.

And now, for the really exciting news..... here is the first picture my beautiful, intelligent, marvellous daughter ever drew all by herself with absolutely NO help from Mommy or Daddy! A bit blurry - blame my rubbish technique with my new camera phone - but at least you can see her efforts! For those who don't have kids, you may not realise what a skill it is being able to put pencil to paper.... but trust me, this is a MASSIVE milestone!

Only a week left till she and Graeme fly to SA for Uncle Philly's wedding, and godmother Claire's wedding, and I'm already finding myself all tearful everytime I say goodbye to her. It's ridiculous really, but 2 weeks without her is going to be a long time. I've done 2 weeks without Graeme, and I know I will cope, but 2 weeks apart from my little treasure is a different matter altogether.... Mom - how you coped with me moving out of home & getting married and becoming independent I'll never know!!

1 comment:

seethroughfaith said...

two weeks IS a long time - but it's wonderful that you are allowing it to happen. Good extra bonding time for daddy and daughter - and a chance for you to rest a bit more yourself I think :)

blessings