Thursday, December 07, 2006

Stupid Doctors!

So today was supposed to be my check-up with the consultant. I got there on time, only to be told - sorry, she's not in today. Would have been nice of them to ring and let me know, so that I didn't have to stress about getting there and finding parking (it was hailing today, so there was NO WAY I was walking to the clinic!) etc etc etc.

This clinic is driving me MAD!! Last time, I waited 2 hrs, only to see the registrar and not the doctor. This time, she's not there either, and no-one rings to tell me.

Anyway, I have another appointment booked now, for 2 weeks time. This will be the 3rd time I will try to see her - let's hope that I actually DO get to see her. Otherwise I'm going to kick up a bit of a fuss. They are potentially putting this baby's life and health at risk with all this lack of proper monitoring for risk of a prem birth!

3 comments:

baker st jones said...

are you with nhs?

a

MazBrost said...

yes - they were fab last time round, so I wasn't expecting hassles this time round. I've written to the hospital and complained, only to be told that they will respond in writing within 21 days. That's bureacracy for you!

baker st jones said...

i had the same kinds of frustrations the first time round, but this time has been fine

a