Thursday, September 28, 2006

Baby 2 - in the flesh

Here he/ she is! All fingers and toes accounted for, heart beating beautifully. In this one you can just see the knee and the fingers of one hand apprearing through the darkness. The heart is just visible as a light shadow in the middle of the chest.In this one, you can just make out odd bits of one leg stretching up. (It's where the cross is.) You can also see the fingers of one hand. It was odd seeing this one - I wasn't nearly as excited. It was fast asleep though, till it got woken up by the prodding of the scanner. Then it started stretching and moving, and that was when I suddenly realised that this is real and it was all I could to keep from talking to it and wanting to touch it and hold its little fingers and toes!

The nausea continues unabated and with a vengence. The toilet bowl and bathroom sink are fast becoming my friends. I've been referred to a consultant because we still don't know why Janel was prem. Good thing too, as I've been having some rather unpleasant pains. Fortunately, the scans show no cysts, and that this is not an ectopic pregnancy (which I feared it might be, given the pain). Other than that, we are all doing well.

No comments: