Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Whew!

We're home, and rushed off our feet!

Janel travelled like an angel and slept all the way like the proverbial baby! Mother and Father did not. They had horrible seats - too cramped and narrow for anyone to sleep in! Since we touched down though, our feet haven't touched ground. We had 48 hours of relative visiting, when poor J was passed from one person to another without ceasing. By the end of it, even my placid and people-loving darling was fed-up and stressed!

In the heat, I've also not been drinking enough water, and I've been eating some foods I don't usually, so the poor mite has been hungry and crying an awful lot. At first she seemed to develop an ENT problem again (although she had no ear problems on the flight), but now I can't work out what it is that's causing all the crying. Fortunately, she's still sleeping well, so whatever it is it can't be too bad!

Hopefully this week will be less stressful, now that the family wedding is out of the way. It was a gorgeous event, truly amazing, but it was rather stressful on everyone.

I'm afraid I can't post pictures at the moment because, like a twit, I forgot the camera's computer cable back in London! Sigh! I guess you'll have just have to wait another few weeks for those. There are some cuties though, so I don't think you'll be too disappointed.

The sun here is wonderful - hotter than London, but not too hot. The wind though, is something else! I'd forgotten how windy it can get. Sand in the eyes, ears, nose and hair - not fun! Still, I'm not complaining - it's great to be home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT to read. Funny how 'home' is still home. As an ex-pat I can relate. And ofcourse your plan IS to return home.

Enjoy your trip and be blessed. Fully.